- How to follow:
- BBC local radio; live text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Wigan Athletic manager Gary Caldwell has a decision to make over Nick Powell, who scored in Saturday’s win against Blackburn but is still some way short of peak match fitness.
Midfielder Shaun MacDonald, the Latics’ latest signing, may make his debut.
Birmingham City have two new signings both in line to make their debut.
Former Sheffield United striker Che Adams and fellow forward Greg Stewart were left on the bench in Blues’ 2-1 win at Leeds on Saturday.
- Wigan have only lost one of their nine home games against Birmingham, of which they have won five.
- Birmingham’s 3-1 win in their last meeting with the Latics is their only win in their last six games against them.
- Will Grigg’s goal against Blackburn was his first in the Championship for promoted Wigan. He has now scored 13 goals in his last 14 league appearances for the Latics.
- Birmingham’s 2-1 win over Leeds ended a run of seven Championship matches without a victory, although they are now unbeaten in six games, having drawn five of them.