West Brom have no new reported injury problems ahead of Liverpool’s visit.
Midfielder James Morrison is hoping to feature after returning to training following a long-term hamstring injury.
Liverpool striker Danny Ings could also feature for the first time since suffering a cruciate knee ligament injury in mid-October.
Jordan Henderson could return after five weeks out with a knee injury while Divock Origi has recovered from an ankle problem.
MOTD COMMENTATOR’S NOTES
Mark Scott: “Jurgen Klopp has a firm eye on Wednesday’s Europa League final, but this could still be an important game for Liverpool.
“A win might see them finish sixth, securing European football next season, in the event of failing to bag a Champions League spot in Basel – and there’s also the outside chance of a Europa League play-off as well!
“West Brom’s season has fizzled out badly. After guiding them to safety very comfortably once again, Tony Pulis has seen his side go eight without a win.
“There might be a little bit of added spice to this one as well, after a fairly tasty finish in December’s game at Anfield.”
WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
West Brom head coach Tony Pulis: “I’m absolutely delighted with the way we’ve done it this season because we’re still in the Premier League.
!Anybody who dispels that as not being an achievement at clubs like West Bromwich Albion, they’re in cloud cuckoo land and I really mean that.
“You look at Newcastle, you look at Aston Villa and Norwich, and you look at the traditions of those clubs.”
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp: “We’ll try to find a line-up to win at West Brom. At this moment it’s the most important thing in the world.”
I don’t think it takes much to work out what Reds boss Jurgen Klopp is going to focus on [this week], which will help West Brom end the season with a win, after eight games without a victory.
- Think you can do better than Lawro? Predict the score for this match and the rest of this round’s Premier League fixtures in our Predictor game.
- Three of the last four league meetings have been drawn.
- The teams drew 2-2 at Anfield in December, with Divock Origi’s equaliser five minutes into stoppage time rescuing a point for Liverpool.
West Bromwich Albion
- West Brom are winless in eight league games (D3, L5).
- The Baggies have lost their last three home games without scoring.
- They have won just one of their nine previous Premier League matches on the final day of the season (D5, L3).
- Albion have had 106 shots on target in the Premier League this season, fewer than any other team.
- Liverpool have lost just one of their last eight league matches (W4, D3).
- James Milner has provided 11 assists in the Premier League this season, two more than any other Englishman.
- Christian Benteke has scored six Premier League goals this season as a substitute, the most in the division.
SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by Professor Ian McHale at the University of Salford that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.