Here are the latest stories for Wednesday.
JUVENTUS: Juventus completed the signing of Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli after activating the striker’s €90 million release clause in the most expensive transfer ever in Italian football.
ROMA: Roma captain Francesco Totti has slammed the big-money moves of players in Serie A and claims the new breed of footballers are all about money instead of passion. He said: “Just look at what happened with Higuain, leaving Napoli for Juventus. It’s a disaster.”
REAL MADRID: Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane is not giving up on signing Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba this summer, saying “anything can happen” before the transfer deadline.
NAPOLI: Following the Serie A record sale of Gonzalo Higuain to Juventus, Napoli have moved swiftly to bid for the services of Mauro Icardi and Arkadiusz Milik from Inter Milan and Ajax Amsterdam respectively.
– Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis believes that the word “betrayal” is the best way of describing Gonzalo Higuain’s transfer to Juventus.
– Henrikh Mkhitaryan says the memory of his father keeps fuelling his desire to succeed as he prepares for his first season in the Premier League with Manchester United.
– Manchester United’s new striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic revealed that he turned down David Beckham and MLS for a chance to work with his “good friend” Jose Mourinho at Manchester United.
– Arsenal centre-back Per Mertesacker will be sidelined for “a few months” with a knee injury, Arsene Wenger has confirmed, leaving the Gunners with a depleted defence for the start of the season.
MAN CITY: Pep Guardiola has warned his Manchester City players they won’t even train with the first team if they’re not in top shape.
– Javier Mascherano is set to extend his contract with Barcelona, ending speculation of a move to Juventus.
– Barcelona star Lionel Messi is among the 10 players who have made UEFA’s shortlist for the 2015-16 Goal of the Season award, covering last season’s European club competitions and the Euro 2016 finals.
– Conte admits he’s inherited a club in a “very strange” situation as he looks to rebuild the Blues into a European force once again.
– New York City FC midfielder Andrea Pirlo says that the team is going through a good moment, but warned, “We still haven’t accomplished anything yet.”
COPA AMERICA: Clint Dempsey called the performance of the United States at last month’s Copa America Centenario “a great experience, something I’ll be able to tell my kids and grandkids about.”
– JuventusFC (@juventusfcen) July 26, 2016
Idrissa Gueye: Only N’Golo Kante made more tackles and interceptions combined in Europe’s top 5 leagues last season than Gueye (285) #EFC
– WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) July 26, 2016
Make sure to come back again every weekday for more of the same.