Transfer rumours and paper review – Wednesday, October 12: Former Manchester United striker set for £40m move, Juventus keen on Arsenal ace

12 Oct

Here are the top transfer-related stories in Wednesday’s newspapers…


Steve Bruce will be named Aston Villa’s new manager today — despite never having met the club’s owner Dr Tony Xia. Xia has made up his mind to appoint Bruce after taking advice from chief executive Keith Wyness and technical director Steve Round. (The Sun)

Valencia are set to launch a £40million move for former Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez. The Mexican has been a big success at Bayer Leverkusen, scoring five goals in as many games so far this season after netting 26 times last term. (Daily Express)

Juventus are keen on signing Arsenal star Santi Cazorla. The Spaniard’s contract at the Emirates runs out next summer. He has spoken of his desire to pen a new deal but if an agreement cannot be struck between Cazorla and the north London club, then Juve are ready to pounce. (Daily Star)

Willian has rubbished rumours over his future. The Brazilian forward has been linked with an exit from Stamford Bridge with Paris Saint-Germain reportedly interested. But the 27-year-old says he’s happy in west London and could stay at the club for the rest of his career. (Daily Express)

Atletico Madrid are trying to tie down Yannick Carrasco to a new deal — to fend off Chelsea. The Blues have been keeping close tabs on the Belgian forward and regard the 23-year-old as a potential target next summer. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea must cough up at least £50million this January for AC Milan centre-half Alessio Romagnoli. Romagnoli, 21, tops the list of targets for Antonio Conte, who is desperate to strengthen his defence despite the return of £34m David Luiz in the summer. (The Sun)

Manchester United are tracking Porto midfield star Hector Herrera ahead of a potential January swoop. (Daily Star)

Geoffrey Kondogbia is on Liverpool’s radar. The midfield powerhouse joined Inter from Monaco for £27m in June 2015 but has been slammed by boss Frank De Boer for his poor performances this season and could be available for sale in January. (Daily Star)

Sevilla are looking to open talks over a new contract for Steven N’Zonzi amid increased interest from Premier League clubs. Leicester made an offer to buy the 27-year-old in the summer and Everton are also monitoring his situation. Former Stoke and Blackburn midfielder N’Zonzi has a buyout clause set at £26million. (Daily Mail)

And here are the latest talkSPORT.com headlines…​

‘Liverpool owners told me Jordan Henderson was a waste of money’, Damien Comolli tells talkSPORT

Transfer report: Leicester planning move for Brazilian winger Jonathan Cafu

Arsenal FC transfer news: Gunners keeping close tabs on Real Madrid starlet Marcos Llorente

Chelsea FC transfer news: Michy Batshuayi could be set for early Blues exit as AC Milan and Juventus eye £33m striker

Xherdan Shaqiri to join Roma? ‘He is focused on Stoke City…but never say never’, says agent

Chelsea defender Andreas Christensen targeted by Italian giants Juventus after impressive loan spell in Germany

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

No comments yet

Leave a Reply