Transfer rumours and paper review – Tuesday, September 6: Sunderland set to beat West Brom to Sissoko, Barkley and Lukaku in line for new Everton deals

6 Sep

Here’s all the top transfer-related stories in Tuesday’s newspapers…


David Moyes is planning to snatch Momo Sissoko from under the nose of Tony Pulis. Former Liverpool midfielder Sissoko is training with West Brom, and Baggies chief Pulis is ready to offer him a deal and end his eight-year exile from the top-flight. But Sunderland boss Moyes is also keen to sign up Sissoko, who has been without a club since leaving Shanghai Shenua last February. (Daily Mirror)

Everton are ready to tie Ross Barkley down to a new long-term deal. The midfielder, who suffered the huge disappointment of being omitted from Sam Allardyce’s first England squad, has two years remaining on his current contract. Everton are also determined to thrash out an agreement with Romelu Lukaku. (Daily Mail)

West Brom are ready to offer Jonny Evans a new £75,000 a week contract after Arsenal’s failed attempt to sign the Northern Ireland international. (Daily Telegraph)

Jose Fonte says he remains committed to Southampton despite an attempt from Manchester United to sign him summer. The Reds boss had been keen on adding the Southampton defender’s experience and consistency to his backline but failed with an £8million bid. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea will battle with Inter Milan and Paris Saint-Germain will compete in January to sign Benfica defender Victor Lindelof. The 22-year-old has a buy-out clause worth €30m. (Football Italia)

AC Milan are set to give goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma, 17, a new contract in a bid to ward off interest in the starlet from Chelsea, Manchester United and Real Madrid. (Mediaset)

Danny Ings attracted the attentions of clubs willing to pay £20million for his services during the recently closed transfer window but Jurgen Klopp was determined to keep the striker. (Metro)

Antoine Griezmann insists he will only consider leaving Atletico Madrid if manager Diego Simeone quits the La Liga club. The French forward has been linked with Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain, despite recently committing his long-term future to the Vicente Calderon. (Daily Mirror)

Riyad Mahrez is good enough to play for Barcelona, according to club legend Xavi. Mahrez was heavily linked with a move away from Leicester during the summer. He has since, however, signed a new deal to remain at the club following the example of several team-mates. (Daily Mail)

And here are the latest talkSPORT.com headlines…​

LISTEN: Paul Pogba and Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s agent tells talkSPORT a £200million transfer is close

LISTEN: Mino Raiola claims Jurgen Klopp showed a lack of respect to Mario Balotelli and says he ‘doesn’t need’ Liverpool boss

Mino Raiola tells talkSPORT he was working on Paul Pogba’s move to Manchester United for a YEAR

‘Financial reasons stopped my Premier League transfer’ – Everton and Chelsea target Aymen Abdennour reveals why he stayed put at Valencia

‘Sunderland made me an offer, but it wasn’t the right time’ – Cedric Carrasso explains why he turned down Black Cats move

Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane reveals he turned down chance to join Jose Mourinho at Manchester United

Manchester United FC transfer news: Inter Milan and Juventus eyeing January deal for full-back Matteo Darmian

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

No comments yet

Leave a Reply