Transfer rumours and paper review – Friday, June 30: Arsenal’s Thomas Lemar pursuit is OVER, Conte frustrated with Chelsea, Liverpool plot move for £70m star

Here are the top football headlines and transfer-related stories in Friday’s newspapers…



Monaco are unwilling to sell highly-rated 21-year-old winger Thomas Lemar this summer, after being left ‘disappointed’ by Arsenal’s £31m bid for their star man. (The Independent)

Barcelona are also interested in the France international. (L’Equipe)

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte would prefer to bring Torino striker Andrea Belotti to Stamford Bridge this summer and is reportedly frustrated the club have prioritised the signing of Romelu Lukaku from Everton instead. (Daily Star)

Liverpool are ready to make a bid for £70million-rated RB Leipzig midfielder Naby Keita. (Daily Mirror) 

The Reds are also chasing Arsenal winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and hope to complete deals for both players this summer. (Liverpool Echo)

Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera has no desire to join Barcelona this summer. The Spaniard had been earmarked as a back up option if the Catalans faile to sign Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Marco Verratti. (Daily Mail)

United have been given a setback in their efforts to sign Inter Milan midfielder Ivan Perisic for a cut-price fee. The Italian club reportedly need to break even for the financial year or face UEFA sanctions, but Inter are confident they will avoid punishment without having to sell Perisic this summer. (Daily Telegraph)

According to reports in Spain, Real Madrid could spend big bucks this summer by signing BOTH Eden Hazard and Kylian Mbappe. (Diario Madrista)

Everton will complete the signing of 21-year-old Malaga striker Sandro next week. The Toffees have met the Spaniard’s release clause and he has passed a medical, but the La Liga club are refusing to sign release papers until his deal ends on 3 July. (Liverpool Echo)

Southampton have joined the race to sign Manchester City’s £25m-rated striker Kelechi Iheanacho. Premier League rivals West Ham, Everton and Leicester are also chasing the 20-year-old, but the Saints may hold the edge if they are willing to include Ryan Bertrand as part of any deal. (The Sun)

Arsenal left-back Kieran Gibbs has become a target for new Watford boss Marco Silva, although, with the defender out of contract in 12 months’ time, the Hornets are unwilling to meet the Gunners’ £15million valuation. (Daily Mirror)

Liverpool defender Joe Gomez is a summer transfer target for newly-promoted Brighton, boss Chris Hughton has confirmed. The 20-year-old was limited to three Reds appearances in the FA Cup last season as he recovered from a long-term injury. (Brighton Argus)

Meanwhile, Hull left-back Andy Robertson is on Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp’s radar, should Alberto Moreno decide to leave Anfield in the coming weeks. The 23-year-old Scot is rated at £8m by the Tigers hierarchy. (Liverpool Echo)

Here are the latest talkSPORT headlines:

David Gold has played down speculation West Ham are chasing Jack Wilshere, telling talkSPORT the club’s main priority this summer is bringing in two new strikers with Premier League experience

John Carver has told Newcastle United fans not to panic, insisting there will be major signings this summer and Rafa Benitez will remain as manager

Everton and AC Milan target Nikola Kalinic has told Fiorentina he wants to leave this summer, according to reports in Italy

Inter Milan have set their sights on signing “dream” target and former Manchester United winger Angel Di Maria

Newly-promoted Huddersfield Town and West Brom are both keen on bringing centre-half Andrea Ranocchia back to the Premier League

West Ham and Newcastle will have to cough up in excess of £8million to land Saint Etienne’s highly-rated full back Kevin Malcuit

Out-of-favour Chelsea midfielder Marco van Ginkel is attracting the interest of Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *