- How to follow:
- Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Netherlands forward Vincent Janssen could start for Tottenham in their EFL Cup third-round tie against Gillingham.
England striker Harry Kane is out with ankle ligament damage, so Janssen is in contention to come in for only his fourth start. Summer signing Pau Lopez could make his debut in goal.
Midfielder Jamie O’Hara will miss Wednesday’s game with a heel injury for Gillingham.
Otherwise, the League One side have no new injury concerns.
- The only previous meeting between Tottenham and Gillingham was also a third-round match, in November 1982. Spurs won 4-2 at Priestfield.
- Tottenham have won four of their past five League Cup matches at White Hart Lane.
- Tottenham have lost just three of their past 12 third-round ties in the League Cup – two of those defeats were against north London rivals Arsenal, in 2010 and 2015.
- The last time Tottenham were knocked out of the League Cup by a lower league side was in the 2005-06 campaign, when they lost 0-1 at Grimsby in the second round.
- Gillingham last reached the third round of this competition in 2005, before they were knocked out by a 2-0 defeat at Doncaster Rovers.