Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech will miss his first league game of the season after suffering a groin injury as he went up for a corner against Swansea.
Cech will be replaced in goal by David Ospina. Laurent Koscielny has a damaged calf and has also been ruled out.
Tottenham head coach Mauricio Pochettino hopes Mousa Dembele will be available after missing the last two games with a groin injury.
Dele Alli could start after he was only used as a substitute against West Ham.
WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
Tottenham head coach Mauricio Pochettino on Wednesday’s loss at West Ham: “Our squad is confident, it was only one defeat.
“The most important thing is that we had chances in that second half, I don’t feel the squad feels pressure.
“We have 10 games, a lot of points to play for.”
- Tottenham have lost just one of their last seven Premier League games at home to Arsenal (W4, D2).
- However, the Gunners won on their last visit to White Hart Lane, which was in the League Cup in September.
- Tottenham’s defeat by West Ham on Wednesday ended their run of six successive league victories.
- They have won four of their last five league games at White Hart Lane, with their only defeat against title rivals Leicester.
- Harry Kane has scored three goals in two league appearances against Arsenal and he has 13 goals in 17 London derbies in the top flight.
- The Gunners have lost three successive games in all competitions. They haven’t lost four matches in a row since October 2002.
- Arsenal have won just two of their last eight Premier league away games (D3, L3).
- Arsene Wenger’s side have taken an unrivalled 10 points from games against the current top four this season, while Spurs have earned eight.
- Alexis Sanchez hasn’t scored a league goal for 11 matches since October. His only goal in his last 10 appearances in all competitions came against Burnley in the FA Cup.
SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by Professor Ian McHale at the University of Salford that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.