Swansea boss Francesco Guidolin is keeping his fingers crossed record signing Borja Baston will be fit to make his debut next week.
The Swans completed a £15.5million deal with Atletico Madrid for Baston’s service last month but the Liberty Stadium faithful are yet to see the striker in action after he arrived with a thigh problem.
However, the 24-year-old has been able to take part fully in training with his new team-mates this week and Guidolin says hopes are high he could be amongst the match-day squad when Chelsea visit south Wales on September 11.
“Borja has stepped up his recovery and has now rejoined the full group on the training field,” said Guidolin.
“He is progressing well and if things continue as they are I am confident he will be available for selection for the visit of Chelsea.’’
It will now be up to Guidolin to decide how he works Baston into his starting line-up having gone with one up front for the majority of the season so far, Fernando Llorente getting the nod to lead the line in the first three matches.