Francesco Guidolin will not be at Saturday’s game as Swansea City’s head coach continues to recuperate from a chest infection in hospital.
Ki Sung-yueng and Leroy Fer should be available despite being substituted with injuries against Arsenal.
Norwich midfielder Alex Tettey needs an ankle operation and could miss the rest of the season.
Robbie Brady and Gary O’Neil should be available despite clashing heads in midweek, while Steven Naismith returns.
Sebastien Bassong and Patrick Bamford are also available.
MOTD COMMENTATOR’S NOTES
Mark Scott: “Francesco Guidolin had one eye on Norwich’s visit to South Wales when he named a much-changed team in midweek, so to win at Arsenal was all the more of a boost.
“Guidolin missed the Arsenal game because of illness and it seems unlikely he will be back in the dugout on Saturday. If he is absent again, the side will be in safe hands, with Alan Curtis’ shuffling of formation in midweek coming up trumps.
“Alex Neil said he felt ‘like a broken record’ after Norwich made it eight without a win, the familiar tune being calls to take their chances and cut out silly mistakes.
“Given that most of their upcoming games are against teams in and around them, they desperately need that soundtrack to change soon.”
WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
Norwich City manager Alex Neil: “I am a big believer in that you make your own luck. We are in this position because we have not won enough games, it is as simple as that.
“In recent weeks we have been performing well, and if you keep doing that and making chances, then the results should follow.
“The one strength we have as a club is that everybody is stuck together and is fighting really hard – you see no dissent, the lads are fighting for the cause and there are no issues within the squad whatsoever.”
Another Swans win would edge them even closer to safety and I think they will get it against a Norwich team that, along with Sunderland, have got the worst defensive record in the league.
- Think you can do better than Lawro? Predict the score for this match and the rest of this round’s Premier League fixtures in our Predictor game.
- Norwich have won on two of their last three trips to Swansea.
- Swansea’s win over Arsenal on Wednesday was their first in five matches (D2, L2).
- They have only won two of their last 12 home league games (D5, L5).
- A Premier League-low 25.7% of their passes have been in the final third this season.
- Bafetimbi Gomis scored in his first four Premier League games this season but has only netted once in his last 21 league games.
- Norwich are winless in eight games, losing seven of them.
- They have not won an away league game since 19 December at Manchester United.
- Norwich’s three clean sheets this season is the joint fewest in the Premier League, along with Sunderland.
- Wes Hoolahan has recorded his best Premier League season for assists, with eight.
SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by Professor Ian McHale at the University of Salford that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.