Swansea agree deal for striker Llorente

4 Aug

Fernando Llorente celebrates with his Sevilla team-mates

Fernando Llorente scored his first international goal against England in 2009

Swansea City have agreed a fee with Sevilla for striker Fernando Llorente and personal terms with the Spain international.

The 31-year-old has two years left on his contract with the La Liga side and is due to have a medical on Friday.

“It has come a long way with Swansea to reach an agreement,” said Sevilla sporting director Monchi.

Swans chairman Huw Jenkins has said he expects to announce at least one new signing in the “next few days”.

Jenkins has previously said the Welsh club want at least two new strikers after the summer departures of forwards Alberto Paloschi, Eder and Bafetimbi Gomis.

A tall and powerful target man with seven goals in 24 appearances for Spain, Llorente would be a significant signing for the Premier League side.

He rose to prominence with Athletic Bilbao and joined Juventus in 2013, spending two years in Italy before moving back to Spain with Sevilla.

Llorente scored seven goals in 36 appearances in all competitions last season.

Swansea have also enquired about Premier League champions Leicester City’s Argentine striker Leonardo Ulloa.

Subscribe to the BBC Sport newsletter to get our pick of news, features and video sent to your inbox.


No comments yet

Leave a Reply