Stoke goalkeeper Jack Butland has been ruled out for the rest of the season after fracturing his ankle whilst playing for England.
Jonathan Walters is also absent for the Potters following surgery on a knee cartilage problem.
Swansea forward Andre Ayew will miss a third successive game because of an ankle injury.
Jefferson Montero and Modou Barrow will have their fitness assessed after returning from international duty.
MOTD COMMENTATOR’S NOTES
Alistair Mann: “Four points ahead of their tally at this stage of last season, Stoke are well placed to record their best-ever Premier League campaign.
“Under Mark Hughes they’ve had their first ever top-10 finish, notched up their highest points haul and are now set for another landmark.
“Five points off fourth-placed Manchester City, who they still have to play, Champions League is perhaps stretching their potential too far. Europa League qualification via the league is certainly not.
“Meanwhile, three wins in four has almost certainly secured Swansea’s status among the game’s elite. Their task this weekend is to attempt to secure a first Premier League win at the Britannia Stadium.”
WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
Swansea head coach Francesco Guidolin on speculation he may leave in the summer: “If I can work here in the future, I will be very happy. I am proud and happy to be here, but I do not know what the future holds.
“I can say that the most important thing is Swansea being safe, and afterwards we will see.”
The Swans are not mathematically safe yet, but they are no longer in any serious danger of the drop after winning three of their last four games.
- Think you can do better than Lawro? Predict the score for this match and the rest of this round’s Premier League fixtures in our Predictor game.
- Stoke have lost only one of their last five matches against Swansea (W2, D2).
- The two sides met on the same date during the 1954-55 season, with Stoke recording a 5-3 away win.
- Stoke have won four of their last six games (D1, L1).
- They are four points better off than at this stage of last season, when they finished with a Premier League club record 54 points.
- The Potters have drawn just seven matches; only Crystal Palace and Manchester City (six) have drawn fewer.
- The next home goal scored by Stoke will be their 200th in the Premier League.
- Swansea have won three of their last four games.
- The Swans have scored in all but one of their last 12 matches, having failed to score in nine of their previous 19 fixtures.
- They have conceded a league-high 11 goals from corners.
- Swansea have kept only one clean sheet in 15 away league games.
- Bafetimbi Gomis has scored just once in his last 24 Premier League appearances.
SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by Professor Ian McHale at the University of Salford that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.