- How to follow:
- Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Xherdan Shaqiri could return from injury for Stoke in their EFL Cup tie with Hull on Wednesday.
The midfielder has not played since injuring his calf in the first game of the season but has been included in the Potters’ squad.
Goalkeeper David Marshall and midfielders James Weir and Markus Henriksen could make their Hull debuts.
Ryan Mason, Will Keane and Dieumerci Mbokani are also hoping for first starts of the season.
- These two sides have never met in the League Cup.
- Stoke have lost just one of their last 12 matches against Hull in all competitions (W5 D6).
- Stoke have won their last three home matches against Hull without conceding a goal.
- Meanwhile, Stoke reached the semi-finals last season – their best run since reaching the final in 1972.
- Hull reached the quarter-finals in last season’s League Cup; their best ever run in the competition.