- How to follow:
- Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Southampton will be without forward Jay Rodriguez when they host Crystal Palace in the EFL Cup on Wednesday.
Rodriguez has a groin problem so fellow striker Charlie Austin, who came off the bench to score the winner against Swansea on Sunday, could start.
Crystal Palace midfielder Yohan Cabaye could feature having recovered from a groin problem.
Defender James Tomkins is out after picking up a knee injury in Sunday’s 4-1 league win over Stoke.
- The last two League Cup meetings between Southampton and Crystal Palace have ended 2-0 to the Eagles (1992 and 2011).
- Southampton have won seven of their last 10 matches against Palace in all competitions.
- Palace have conceded a combined total of eight goals in their last two League Cup matches against fellow Premier League opponents, losing both matches.
- The Saints have kept just one clean sheet (2-0 v Portsmouth in 2003) in their last 19 League Cup matches against Premier League opponents.
- Southampton have reached the fourth round of the League Cup in each of the last five seasons, making the quarter-finals in each of the last two.