Man United, Updated: July 04, 2016 4:10 PM
[.[views].], BY ClubCall
Manchester United have confirmed that Chris Smalling was taken to hospital in Bali after fainting due to food poisoning.
The club have acted swiftly after the 26-year-old defender was pictured on a stretcher with a bandage around his head as well as a brace on his neck sparking rumours that he had been involved in a surfing accident while enjoying a break after England’s disappointing Euro 2016 campaign in France.
There were also conflicting suggestions that Smalling had been stung by a jelly fish, but a United spokesman confirmed the reason behind the player’s plight in a statement released on Monday.
It read: “Chris has had food poisoning during his holiday which resulted in him fainting yesterday. He was taken to the hospital and is now feeling fine.”