Sissoko rejects Everton move claims

2 Sep

Moussa Sissoko says he never had any intention of moving to Everton on deadline day and he always “wanted to join Spurs”.

Tottenham: Sissoko rejects Everton move claimsTottenham: Sissoko rejects Everton move claims

The France international left Newcastle for Tottenham in a last-minute £30million move on Wednesday, reportedly snubbing Everton in the process.

There were widespread claims on deadline day that Everton had agreed a transfer with the Magpies and Sissoko was heading to Merseyside to complete the move.

However, the 27-year-old says he was never close to signing for the Toffees and he only ever had his heart set on a move to north London.

“I never went to Everton,” Sissoko said after featuring in France’s 3-1 friendly win over Italy on Thursday. “It’s funny. I was watching TV, and I saw that a deal had been done with Everton and that I had signed for them. But I was in London, waiting to sign my contract [with Spurs].

“The main thing is that I signed for the club I wanted to join. Of course I would have liked it to have happened earlier, but now it’s done.

“I hope to have a good season and I’m happy to be able to play in the Champions League. I have played at a World Cup and a Euro. I was only missing playing for the cup with the big ears [Champions League].”


No comments yet

Leave a Reply