- How to follow:
- BBC local radio; live text commentary on the BBC Sport website
David Jones could make his Sheffield Wednesday debut in midfield after signing from Burnley on Tuesday.
Former Leeds centre-back Tom Lees could play after recovering from a foot injury, but Jose Semedo is likely to miss out with a hamstring problem.
Leeds midfielder Liam Bridcutt is in contention to make his first appearance since re-signing from Sunderland.
Sweden defender Pontus Jansson could also make his debut after joining on a season-long loan from Torino.
The Whites are still waiting for their first league win since Garry Monk was appointed head coach in June, with the former Swansea boss already reportedly in danger of being sacked by owner Massimo Cellino.
BBC Radio Leeds commentator Adam Pope: “Leeds United head coach Garry Monk was calm, composed and focused in his press conference ahead of the trip to Sheffield Wednesday which betrayed the tabloid headlines later that day suggesting he had been on the verge of losing his job within two games of taking charge.
“The point against Fulham, asserted Monk, shows his side is making gradual improvement and he is delighted to welcome new signings midfielder Liam Bridcutt and defender Pontus Jansson into his squad. Both could start at Hillsborough where right back Gaetano Berardi will again miss out with a hamstring injury.
“Monk, a former Sheffield Wednesday loanee, says the Owls are again promotion contenders but says he is lucky to have unity in his dressing room unlike the recent turmoil at Hillsborough which saw striker Fernando Forestieri refuse to play at Norwich.”
- The Owls have won two of their last three league games against Leeds at Hillsborough (lost one), netting eight goals without conceding in those two games.
- Leeds have not kept a league clean sheet against Wednesday in any of their last nine games since a 1-0 win at Hillsborough in August 2006.
- Gary Hooper has scored five times in his last five league games against Leeds, including a brace in this exact fixture in January.
- Chris Wood has been involved in four goals in his last six league games against the Owls (scoring two and assisting two).
- Sheffield Wednesday have lost just one of their last 22 league games at Hillsborough (including play-offs, won 14 drawn seven).
- Should Leeds fail to win, it would be the second season in a row in which they have failed to win any of their first four fixtures.