Charlton head coach Jose Riga will hold talks with owner Roland Duchatelet about his future after the club were relegated from the Championship.
The Addicks were consigned to the drop by Tuesday’s 0-0 draw at Bolton.
Asked if he would remain at The Valley, Riga told BBC Radio London: “It will be the content of the next meeting.
“It depends on the context, how they react to things and how they want to do things in the future. That is the most important thing for me.”
Belgian Riga returned to Charlton for his second spell in charge of the club in mid-January on an 18-month deal.
The 58-year-old previously led Charlton to Championship survival in 2014, but the south-east London side have now been relegated with three games of the campaign remaining.
Charlton chief executive Katrien Meire said the club were “deeply disappointed” to return to League One following a four-year stay in the second tier.
“This is not the time for excuses,” a statement from Meire on the club website added.
“We apologise for our mistakes and now need to learn from them so that we can put firm foundations in place for the future.
“I and the club’s senior management team will start the rebuilding work immediately.
“Our sole aim is to be fighting for promotion next season and our top priority is to put together a squad that can help Charlton get back into the Championship.”
There have been a series of protests by fans aimed at Duchatelet, who took over Charlton in January 2014, and Meire amid criticism over their running of the club.
Supporters have thrown objects onto the pitch to halt proceedings during the home matches against Middlesbrough and Birmingham, staged a walk-out mid-match, held a mock ‘funeral’ for the club and protested outside of the boardroom at The Valley.
“Our fans are integral to the success of this club and we want to work together with our supporters to make sure we move forward in our pursuit to return to the Championship,” Meire’s statement added.
A section of Charlton supporters have formed a campaign group named Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet (CARD), calling on the Belgian businessman to sell up.
CARD released a statement which reasserted their determination to see Duchatelet and Meire leave.
“We are not interested in their excuses or their plans,” CARD said.
“There will be no collaboration with them, now or in the future. They are the enemy of everything that Charlton has been and will be again.
“We must remove them, chairman Richard Murray and their other apologists before they destroy the club completely.”