Southampton winger Nathan Redmond says England’s Under-21s can cope without Marcus Rashford when he moves up to the senior side again.
Under-21 boss Gareth Southgate has already admitted that Manchester United striker Rashford, who scored a hat-trick in the 5-1 win over Norway on Tuesday, is unlikely to play in next summer’s Euro Under-21 finals in Poland if he continues to impress because he’s likely to be involved in the senior England set-up.
Rashford was part of Roy Hodgson’s squad at Euro 2016 this summer and Redmond says if he’s not in the young Lions’ set-up long-term, the youngsters will cope.
He said: “Marcus has done well so far. But this was his first game and we have done well without him. So we can cope, we have other strikers and players who can come in.
“It is a very strong squad. If he comes away with us again it will be an added bonus, if not we’ve got the players to deal with it.”