- How to follow:
- Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website
QPR midfielder Yeni Ngbakoto could return to the line-up for Wednesday’s EFL Cup tie against Sunderland.
He missed the weekend defeat against Huddersfield to attend his father’s funeral, while recent new arrivals Pawel Wszolek and Idrissa Sylla are also set to feature.
Sunderland full-back Patrick van Aanholt will return to the squad having been cleared by cardiologists.
Winger Adnan Januzaj is suspended after his red card against Tottenham.
- This is the first League Cup meeting between the two sides.
- QPR have won their last three matches against Sunderland in all competitions, conceding just one goal in the process.
- This will be QPR’s first appearance in the third round of the League Cup since the 2012-13 campaign, where they lost 3-2 at home to Reading.
- After reaching the final in 2014, Sunderland have fallen at this stage of the competition in each of the last two seasons.
- The Black Cats have won each of their last five League Cup games against sides from a lower division, last losing to Middlesbrough in October 2012.