- How to follow:
- BBC Radio 5 live, BBC local radio; live text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Defenders Jake Bidwell and Joel Lynch and midfielder Jordan Cousins could make their debuts for Queens Park Rangers after joining this summer.
Polish midfielder Ariel Borysiuk, another new arrival, is out with an ankle injury picked up in pre-season.
Leeds United head coach Garry Monk has a fully-fit squad to choose from for his first competitive game in charge.
Newly-signed goalkeeper Rob Green is likely to start against the R’s, whom he left at the end of last season.
Former Oxford striker Kemar Roofe is also expected to be handed a starting role, while Marcus Antonsson, Kyle Bartley and Pablo Hernandez are the other new signings pushing to make their debuts for the club.
BBC Radio London’s Emma Jones:
“QPR boss Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink will have higher aspirations for the new campaign following last season’s mid-table finish.
“The Dutchman has strengthened his defence over the summer but striker Conor Washington, who featured for Northern Ireland at Euro 2016, is still awaiting his first goal since his January switch to the R’s.
“The hierarchy at Loftus Road are keen to challenge for a return to the Premier League but, with Newcastle, Norwich and Aston Villa coming down from the top flight, the Championship looks set to be more competitive than ever.”
- Queens Park Rangers have scored exactly once in each of their last five league meetings with Leeds (W2 D2 L1).
- Leeds are winless in four league meetings with QPR (D2 L2), this after a run of nine games unbeaten against them (W6 D3).
- QPR have lost four of their last five opening day fixtures (W1), however three of those defeats came during their time in the Premier League.
- The Whites have lost three of their last six opening day games (W2 D1), as many as they did in their previous 26 season openers beforehand.
- QPR have scored in their last 13 home league games, their best run since a run of 14 in April 2011.
- Similarly, Leeds have only failed to score once in their last 13 league games, though they’ve also only kept one clean sheet in that run.