- How to follow:
- BBC local radio; live text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Fit-again striker Britt Assombalonga is expected to return to Nottingham Forest’s starting line-up.
Michael Mancienne and Thomas Lam are in contention to replace Damien Perquis, who is suspended after being sent off against Brentford.
Wigan have midfielder Jordi Gomez available after he rejoined the club from Sunderland in midweek.
Left-back Luke Garbutt could make his debut after joining on loan from Premier League side Everton.
BBC Radio Manchester’s Paul Rowley: “It’s been a mixed start to the Championship for League One title holders Wigan – a defeat, a win and a draw in the opening three games.
“The return of the stylish Jordi Gomez after two years at Sunderland should provide a boost, having scored in his last three Wigan games against Forest.
“Craig Davies will be hoping for a place in the starting line-up having scored his first goal in almost a year with his last-minute equaliser against Birmingham City after coming on as substitute, while Luke Garbutt’s arrival on loan from Everton could threaten Luke Burke’s place at right back with the 18-year-old starting every league game this campaign.”
- Nottingham Forest have kept clean sheets in each of their last two league games against Wigan.
- After putting four past Burton on the opening day, Forest have failed to score in their next two matches, losing both.
- Will Grigg has been involved in 18 goals in his last 17 league games for Wigan, scoring 15 and assisting a further three.
- Britt Assombalonga has three goals in his last three Championship games.
- The Latics have not won any of their last five away games at this level (drawn one, lost four).