Norwich pair Robbie Brady and Steven Naismith will be assessed after both were substituted with respective calf and hamstring injuries last weekend.
Sebastien Bassong and Andre Wisdom remain sidelined and Alex Tettey is out for the rest of the season.
Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne returned to training this week following his knee ligament injury but he is not yet ready to return.
Long-term absentee Samir Nasri has also stepped up his rehabilitation.
MOTD COMMENTATOR’S NOTES
Steve Wilson: “Eleven years ago, with Norwich having blown a two-goal lead against Manchester City at Carrow Road, Delia Smith emerged to provide some unscheduled half-time entertainment.
“Had Twitter existed, ‘Let’s be ‘aving you!’ would have been trending for days.
“Norwich have lost nine of their last 10 games in all competitions and look as though they will need to win both their upcoming fixtures against Newcastle and Sunderland if they’re to stay up.
“Manchester City know that anything other than victory at Carrow Road could knock them out of the title race. If they do win, I’m pretty sure that Delia will be keeping her thoughts to herself.”
- Norwich have won only two of the 15 previous Premier League meetings (D5, L8).
- Manchester City have scored 39 Premier League goals against Norwich, conceding 18.
- The visitors have already won at Carrow Road this season: 3-0 in the FA Cup third round in January.
- Norwich have only taken one point from their last nine Premier League matches. It’s their worst run since 1946.
- The Canaries are without a clean sheet in those nine matches, scoring just eight times and conceding 22 goals.
- They have kept three clean sheets all season, a joint league-low with Sunderland.
- Alex Neil’s side have won just two of 16 matches against sides currently in the top half of the table (D4, L10).
- Cameron Jerome has scored in both league games against Manchester opposition this season but has only managed one goal in his other 26 appearances.
- Manchester City’s win against Aston Villa last weekend was only their second in six league games (D1, L3).
- City have won a league-high 41 points from a possible 45 against clubs currently in the bottom half, conceding only six goals in the process.
- Manuel Pellegrini’s side have only won two of their last 10 Premier League away games (D4, L4).
- Sergio Aguero has scored nine goals in nine games in 2016, more than any other Premier League player.
- Aguero has scored 15 goals from 27 shots on target in his last 14 league appearances.