Norwich pair Sebastian Bassong and Wes Hoolahan are fitness doubts with the unspecified injuries that kept them out of Saturday’s defeat at Leicester.
Andre Wisdom is still sidelined by a knee injury, while Patrick Bamford is ineligible to face his parent club.
Chelsea winger Pedro will miss the game after suffering a hamstring injury against Southampton on Saturday.
Captain John Terry is still out with a similar problem but Alexandre Pato could be involved for the first time.
MOTD COMMENTATOR’S NOTES
Martin Fisher: “With just one point from their past seven matches, Norwich City’s current form is worse than Aston Villa’s.
“That speaks volumes, and an immediate return to the Championship is looking increasingly inevitable to even the most ardent Canaries fan.
“Despite continually shuffling his pack, Alex Neil has failed to find an answer and, after coming so close to earning a much-needed point at league leaders Leicester City, they now face a Chelsea side brimming with confidence under Guus Hiddink.
“Unbeaten in the Premier League since the Dutchman’s return, victory at Carrow Road will see the Blues climb to their highest position in the table since the opening day of the season.”
WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
Norwich City manager Alex Neil on his side’s poor run of results: “Are you going to roll over and give up? We’re fighting for our lives and we want to stay in the Premier League. A win changes everything.
“We are capable of a level that can get us positive results in the remaining 11 games.
“There is no point us dipping our toe in the water and being a bit cagey and hoping we see things out. We need to go and attack it.”
Chelsea interim manager Guus Hiddink: “When I started in December we were close to the relegation zone, one point away. Of course this club must have big objectives but it was a side objective to get away from the relegation zone as soon as possible.
“The team did well with draws and victories so in a relatively short time we’ve accomplished that in-between target. That encourages us to go on.”
Chelsea’s good run continued against Southampton and they are clearly going to keep on climbing the table. I can only see them winning at Carrow Road.
- Think you can do better than Lawro? Predict the score for this match and the rest of this round’s Premier League fixtures in our Predictor game.
- Chelsea have won seven and drawn two of the past nine league meetings.
- Norwich have scored just two goals in the past six encounters.
- Norwich have lost six of their past seven league matches, taking just one point from a possible 21.
- They have earned just one point from their past three home games, conceding 10 goals in those games.
- Steven Naismith has scored six goals in seven Premier League appearances against Chelsea.
- Norwich City have had 426 touches in the opposition penalty area this season, the lowest total in the Premier League.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in the Premier League under Guus Hiddink (W4, D6). Their last defeat was at Leicester in mid-December.
- The Blues are unbeaten in their past five away league games (W3, D2).
- Chelsea have registered back-to-back victories for the first time in this season’s Premier League.
- Fifteen Chelsea players have scored in the Premier League this season, the most from one club.
SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by Professor Ian McHale at the University of Salford that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.