- How to follow:
- Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website
League One side Northampton Town will be without winger Paul Anderson for Wednesday’s EFL Cup third-round tie against Manchester United.
Anderson is cup-tied having played for Bradford City in an earlier round before joining the Cobblers.
United midfielder Michael Carrick is set for his first outing of the season.
Full-back Luke Shaw has a groin tear and striker Anthony Martial is a doubt with a head injury, while midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan has a thigh problem.
- Northampton have never beaten Manchester United.
- The two sides met in the FA Cup in 1970 and 2004 with United winning 8-2 and 3-0, but they have never met in the League Cup.
- The last time Northampton were involved in a third-round League Cup match they beat Liverpool 4-2 on penalties after a 2-2 draw at Anfield in September 2010.
- United have been knocked out of the League Cup by lower league opposition in each of the past two seasons (by MK Dons and Middlesbrough).
- United manager Jose Mourinho has won seven of his eight League Cup matches against lower league opposition, drawing the other.