- How to follow:
- Full commentary on BBC WM 95.6 FM, DAB & Freeview 722.; text commentary on BBC Sport website
Newcastle United will appeal against the red card shown to midfielder Vurnon Anita in Saturday’s Championship home defeat by Wolves as the two sides meet again in the EFL Cup third round.
Anita was dismissed for his challenge on Ivan Cavaleiro as Wolves ended Newcastle’s five-game winning run.
Boss Rafael Benitez is expected to make changes, while Wolves manager Walter Zenga could stick with the same squad.
Summer signings Silvio and Ola John are still waiting to make their debut.
Wolves have stopped on in the north-east following Saturday’s 2-0 win for a pre-arranged four-night bonding trip.
– Newcastle United and Wolves have never met in the 56-year history of the Football League Cup.
– Newcastle have not beaten Wolves in five domestic cup meetings since the FA Cup semi-final replay in 1951, when the Magpies went on to win at Wembley.
– Wolves have been knocked out by opposition from the same division for the last nine seasons.
– Wolves have lost their last three League Cup away ties, in which they have conceded 10 goals and failed to score themselves.
– This is Newcastle’s fourth consecutive home game in the competition, of which they have won two and lost once.