Jose Mourinho is expected to give evidence at an employment tribunal brought by former Chelsea first-team doctor Eva Carneiro.
Dr Carneiro is claiming constructive dismissal against Chelsea and has a separate, but connected, personal legal action against Mourinho, who left the club in December, for alleged victimisation and discrimination.
The case, which is anticipated to be heard over seven to 10 days, is not expected to begin hearing evidence from the 42-year-old doctor until Tuesday afternoon.
The tribunal heard that Dr Carneiro is expected to be questioned over two and a half days.
And Mary O’Rourke QC, for the claimant, told the hearing she is likely to take at least a day to cross-examine Mourinho, who did not attend the first day of the case.
When asked if “re-engagement” was sought, Ms O’Rourke said “No”.
Also present during the hearing was Chelsea’s head of communications and PR, Steve Atkins.
Preliminary matters in the case were dealt with on Monday morning, after the parties failed to agree a settlement which would have prevented a public hearing.
Dr Carneiro arrived at the London South Employment Tribunal in Croydon in a powder blue coat and and cream dress, holding hands with her husband, polar explorer Jason De Carteret.
She was criticised by Mourinho and dropped from first-team duties after she went on to the pitch to treat Eden Hazard during a draw with Swansea on the opening day of the Premier League season last August.
Dr Carneiro was dropped as Chelsea’s first-team doctor last year after then-manager Mourinho angrily berated her and physio Jon Fearn for going on to the pitch.
Their action meant that Chelsea were temporarily down to nine men, and afterwards Mourinho called Dr Carneiro and Mr Fearn “impulsive and naive”.
Dr Carneiro did not appear on the bench again for first-team duties and later parted company with the club. Chelsea filed their defence in the tribunal hearing last December and another private preliminary hearing was held in January.