- How to follow:
- Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Adam Clayton (dead leg) is the only fresh injury concern for Middlesbrough ahead of Saturday’s match with Preston.
Central defender Daniel Ayala, who came back on Tuesday after a nine-game injury lay-off, could return to the starting line-up.
Preston defenders Tom Clarke (head) and Calum Woods (calf) are doubts for the match on Teeside.
On-loan winger Adam Reach is unable to play this weekend as the fixture is against his parent club.
- Middlesbrough are unbeaten in eight games in all competitions against the Lilywhites (W5 D3).
- Preston have scored only eight goals in their last 15 away encounters in all competitions with Boro, never scoring more than once in that run.
- Since Aitor Karanka took charge of Boro, he has won 37 of his 57 home games.
- The Lilywhites have won their last two away games – a win at the Riverside would give them a third consecutive away win in the second tier for the first time since February 2005.
- Middlesbrough have conceded just six home goals this season and never more than once at the Riverside since losing 3-2 to Sheffield Wednesday in August 2014.