How to follow
- BBC coverage:
- Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Middlesbrough head coach Aitor Karanka will be back in the dug-out for Friday night’s encounter with Hull.
Skipper Grant Leadbitter has returned from injury, while defender Daniel Ayala continues his recovery (both hamstring).
Hull manager Steve Bruce could have Jake Livermore back after a knee injury but he expects to be without fellow midfielder David Meyler (illness).
Midfielders Nick Powell (hamstring) and Shaun Maloney (ankle) remain sidelined.
- Middlesbrough have won 15 of their last 17 home league games against Hull, losing just once (D1).
- Hull have won each of the last three meetings against Boro in all competitions without conceding a goal (1-0, 2-0 and 3-0).
- Middlesbrough have lost three of their last four league games (W1); as many as they did in their previous 20 combined.
- Hull City have attempted more shots (425) and fired in more shots on target (176) than any other Championship side this season.
- Jordan Rhodes has scored just one goal in his nine appearances for Middlesbrough.
- Promotion chasing Hull City have won just one of their last six games, while four have ended level (L1).