Manchester United will assess defender Marcos Rojo, who was forced off against Arsenal on Sunday, although his injury is not considered serious.
Donald Love is out with a hamstring problem, meaning United could be without up to 17 players because of injury on Wednesday.
Jose Jurado again misses out for Watford with a calf injury.
Etienne Capoue is fit despite being substituted because of tiredness in Saturday’s draw with Bournemouth.
MOTD COMMENTATOR’S NOTES
Steve Wilson: “When one national newspaper singled out five Manchester United youngsters who could follow Cameron Borthwick-Jackson into Louis van Gaal’s first team only three months ago, Marcus Rashford didn’t even get a mention.
“A few weeks on and Rashford is the name on everyone’s lips. He’s certainly taken the heat off his manager with four of the 11 goals which United have scored in only three games.
“His hand forced by injuries, Van Gaal has given six players their Manchester United debuts in their last five matches – none have let him down.
“Watford’s only win at Old Trafford came back in 1978 with a League Cup brace from Luther Blissett. With United suddenly bouncing with youthful confidence, an end to that sequence looks unlikely.”
WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
Watford head coach Quique Sanchez Flores: “We are positive, we have in our mind the opportunity to add these points against Manchester United but, of course, we are expecting a difficult match, very tough.
“United are on a good run, playing well, a young team, very quick with skill.
“But we are always in our line, our way, respecting the teams but always we are there to be competitive and add points in the matches.”
I think Watford will be a tough nut to crack defensively and they will also look to hit United on the break, so they will cause Louis van Gaal’s side some problems.
- Think you can do better than Lawro? Predict the score for this match and the rest of this round’s Premier League fixtures in our Predictor game.
- Manchester United are on a 10-game winning streak against Watford, including a 2-1 victory in November’s reverse fixture.
- This run includes all five previous Premier League matches, in which United have scored a total of 14 goals.
- Watford have never won an away league match against Manchester United in eight attempts.
- The Hornets’ only victory at Old Trafford was a 2-1 League Cup victory in October 1978.
- Manchester United have won three consecutive matches in all competitions, scoring 11 goals in the process.
- Six of United’s 18 league goals this season have been scored in their last two matches at Old Trafford.
- United have drawn five Premier League games 0-0 this season, and are the only side to be involved in more stalemates than Watford (four).
- Louis van Gaal’s side last secured back-to-back league wins with a 2-1 triumph over Watford last November.
- Marcus Rashford has scored four goals from five shots on target in his first two games for Manchester United.
- Watford have lost all seven matches that they have played against the teams currently in the top five – they have only lost three of their other 20 games.
- The Hornets have failed to score in five of their last seven Premier League matches.
- Watford have won 18 away points this season – three more than they managed in their two previous Premier League campaigns combined.
- Odion Ighalo has scored just once in eight league appearances in 2016, despite attempting 21 shots (including blocked efforts).
- Ighalo and strike partner Troy Deeney have scored 22 of Watford’s 29 Premier League goals, netting 14 and eight respectively.
SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by Professor Ian McHale at the University of Salford that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.