Liverpool could be without Divock Origi and Kolo Toure, who suffered respective back and hamstring injuries against Bournemouth on Sunday.
Emre Can and Jordan Henderson are not expected to play again this season.
Key Everton pair Romelu Lukaku and Ross Barkley are likely to be recalled after being named as substitutes on Saturday to give them a rest.
James McCarthy returns from a ban, but Seamus Coleman and Phil Jagielka are both absent with hamstring injuries.
WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp: “Before I went to Dortmund there were lots of red cards in derbies. I don’t want to see this. Not to show ‘I am the man.
“Maybe one or two fans want to see stuff like this, but it will never help. I understand aggressiveness only in one way, and that is being prepared to hurt yourself, not somebody else.”
Everton manager Roberto Martinez: “When you compete in two tournaments, then weeks like this are, of course, defining. We embrace it and look forward.
“We are going to have our defining week in mid-April. Other teams have defining weeks in February when they are out of the FA Cup.”
The whole situation at Everton is very strange and it feels like they have lost their way a little bit. I don’t understand how they have got themselves in such a mess with the players they have got.
I also don’t know why Toffees manager Roberto Martinez did not field a stronger side for Saturday’s draw with Southampton.
- Think you can do better than Lawro? Predict the score for this match and the rest of this round’s Premier League fixtures in our Predictor game.
- Everton have not beaten Liverpool in 10 league matches (D7, L3), their longest winless league streak in this fixture since an 11-match run between 1979 and 1984.
- Liverpool’s only defeat in the 18 most recent league meetings came at Goodison Park in October 2010 (W8, D9, L1).
- Everton have not been awarded a penalty against Liverpool since April 2003, when David Unsworth scored from the spot at Goodison Park.
- They have lost just one of their last eight league matches.
- However, Liverpool haven’t won back-to-back Premier League games at Anfield since May 2015.
- Roberto Firmino has been involved in 12 goals in his last 11 league games (eight goals, four assists).
- Daniel Sturridge has scored in four of his last five Premier League appearances.
- They are without a win in their last six Premier League matches.
- Everton have earned just 17 points at home this season in the Premier League. They are guaranteed to end the campaign with their lowest tally at Goodison Park in the competition – previously 25, set in 1996-97.
- Everton have scored nine goals from corners in the Premier League this season, behind only Spurs and Palace (10).
- Ramiro Funes Mori has scored four league goals this season – the only defender with more is Scott Dann (five).
- Romelu Lukaku has scored five goals in his last seven league appearances against Liverpool.