Liverpool have agreed a £25m deal to sign Netherlands international Georginio Wijnaldum from Newcastle.
The 25-year-old midfielder, who had four years remaining on his contract at St James’ Park, will have a medical with the Premier League side on Friday.
Wijnaldum joined Newcastle for £14.5m from Dutch side PSV in 2015, playing in all 38 of the club’s Premier League games last season and scoring 11 goals.
He will be the Reds’ sixth signing of the summer so far.
The other new additions are…
- Mainz goalkeeper Loris Karius (£4.7m)
- Schalke centre-back Joel Matip (free transfer)
- Red Star Belgrade midfielder Marko Grujic (£5.1m) (the deal went through in January, but he did not join up with Liverpool until 1 July)
- Southampton forward Sadio Mane (£34m)
- FC Augsburg defender Ragnar Klavan (£4.2m)
Newcastle were relegated from the Premier League to the Championship in May.
Liverpool finished eighth in the Premier League last season and a 3-1 loss to Sevilla in the Europa League final ensured they will not be playing in European competition in 2016-17.
The Reds are currently on tour in America and play Chelsea (27 July), AC Milan (30 July) and Roma (1 August), before a game against Barcelona at Wembley Stadium on 6 August and FSV Mainz 05 a day later in Germany.
Klopp’s side begin their Premier League campaign away at last season’s runners-up Arsenal on 14 August.
Subscribe to the BBC Sport newsletter to get our pick of news, features and video sent to your inbox.