- How to follow:
- BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; live text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Leeds United boss Garry Monk could hand a debut to midfielder Eunan O’Kane, who played no part in Saturday’s derby defeat by Huddersfield Town.
Leeds, who are yet to win at home under Monk, could also recall Kemar Roofe, Pablo Hernandez and Ronaldo Vieira.
Bottom side Blackburn Rovers will be without defender Charlie Mulgrew, who injured his ankle in the draw with QPR.
Owen Coyle’s team are the only club in the Championship still yet to win a game this season.
- Leeds won the last league meeting between these sides (2-1 in March 2016), following a run of five straight defeats against Blackburn.
- Blackburn have won their last three league games at Elland Road. They’ve only ever won more consecutive league games away at four different clubs (five against Newcastle and Bury, four against Cardiff and Hull).
- Leeds, who have gained four points so far, have made their worst start to a league season since 1980-81, when they had three points from their opening six games (in the days of two points for a win).
- Similarly, bottom-of-the-table Blackburn (two points) have made their worst start to a league season since 1996-97, when they had just one point from their opening six games.
- Leeds are without a clean sheet in 10 league games at Elland Road since a goalless draw with Middlesbrough in February.
BBC Radio Leeds commentator Adam Pope:
“With both sides in the bottom three, it is imperative that Leeds United secure a first home victory for under-pressure head coach Garry Monk against Blackburn Rovers.
“Midfielder Eunan O’Kane may be in line for a debut. He missed the defeat by league leaders Huddersfield Town, with Monk saying that he wants time to get up to speed after his move from Bournemouth.
“New signing Pontus Jansson says the players have to take more responsibility for their performance and not resort to playing long balls.
“Gaetano Berardi is about a week away from returning from a hamstring injury which he suffered in the opening match of the season at QPR.”