- How to follow:
- Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Leeds will again be without Liam Bridcutt after he was ruled out for a further eight weeks with a broken foot.
Ronaldo Vieira is expected to recover from a knee injury, while centre-half Pontus Jansson is hoping to be fit after a hamstring strain.
Aidy White’s fitness will be assessed as he hopes to face his former club, but Cole Kpekawa will continue at left-back if he is unable to play.
Saidy Janko and Ryan Williams are still out with thigh and groin injuries.
The match is the first to be played by either club since they were implicated in The Daily Telegraph’s investigations into corruption in football.
Barnsley assistant manager Tommy Wright was sacked on Thursday over claims he took cash for trying to engineer certain transfers – a claim Wright has “categorically denied”.
Leeds owner Massimo Cellino was filmed by the newspaper offering undercover reporters, posing as an investment firm, a way to get around FA and Fifa third-party ownership rules.
Leeds stated that the claims were a “non story”.
- Leeds have won only one of their last five league games against Barnsley when the teams have played at Elland Road – 1-0 in October 2012, courtesy of a Luciano Becchio penalty.
- Barnsley have lost only two of their last 10 league matches against Leeds, although those defeats have come in the last four meetings.
- Pablo Hernandez has created 21 chances for Leeds this season but is yet to assist a team-mate.
- Conor Hourihane and Marley Watkins both have four assists each for Barnsley this season. No player has more in the Championship.
- Leeds haven’t won any of their last 11 league games in October.
- After winning three in-a-row, the Tykes have failed to win any of their last three in the Championship.