Jose Mourinho asked to ‘wait a year’ before taking Manchester United job – reports

5 May

Jose Mourinho has been asked by Manchester United chiefs to wait another year before taking the manager’s job.

The Portuguese has been widely tipped to take over after another disappointing season under current boss Louis van Gaal.

But, despite the request from Old Trafford hierarchy, Mourinho remains confident he will be in charge this summer, according to The Sun.

Mourinho has been out of work since December last year, after Chelsea’s woeful defence of the Premier League title left them languishing above the relegation places.

Manchester United have struggled this season too, and are in a battle to win a Champions League berth for next season, despite the £250million investment in new players.

However the Dutchman has told reporters he WILL be at Old Trafford next year.

He said before last Sunday’s draw with Leicester: “Next year you will see me again.

“We always knew that the process would take three years. I wanted to sign only for two years. The club wanted me to sign for three years, not me.

“Every week for six months I have been ‘sacked’ – and yet I am still here. But this has happened to me at every club I have been at.”


No comments yet

Leave a Reply