Swansea City head coach Francesco Guidolin has confirmed he will not be on the touchline for Saturday’s Premier League game at Bournemouth.
Guidolin, 60, was released from hospital earlier this week after receiving treatment for a chest infection.
“Doctors say it is better that I relax,” said Guidolin.
“I have finished with antibiotics but it is better for me to relax for some days.
“I went to Fairwood [Swansea’s training ground] this week for training sessions and meetings with the players and my coaches to prepare for the games, but it is not possible for me to go out onto the pitch yet.”
‘My future is here’
The former Udinese and Monaco coach joined the club in January on a deal until the end of the season but with the option of an extension.
Despite his illness, Guidolin still wants to stay at the club long term and does not think his condition will affect his future beyond the end of the season.
“My future is here because I signed a contract with the Chairman for this season,” he said.
“I am happy to be here, if there is the possibility. I hope to stay for a long time but right now it is not important.
“In my job my way is to give 150%, always. I think about football and my job 24 hours a day. But this is not a good idea because sometimes you have to relax.”
Curtis the ‘perfect person’
Guidolin has revealed that while he was in hospital he kept in touch with his team’s progress on the internet.
Swansea are nine points above the relegation zone after two successive wins but Guidolin believes there is more work to do before they can consider themselves safe from relegation.
He also praised the work of first team coach Alan Curtis, who has been in charge of the last two games and is expected to lead the team at Bournemouth
Guidolin described the former Wales striker as a “perfect” person to have alongside him.
“We see football the same way,” Guidolin said.
“The club is important for the Swansea fans and the feeling between Alan and I is perfect.”