Head coach Francesco Guidolin is set to be offered a new contract by Swansea City, BBC Wales Sport understands.
Guidolin, 60, was appointed in January on a contract which expires at the end of the season.
The Italian has guided Swansea to Premier League safety, with seven wins and three draws from his 15 games in charge.
Swansea City’s board will meet Wednesday, when confirmation of Guidolin’s new contract is expected.
The Swans host Manchester City in their final game of the season on Sunday.
The former Udinese and Monaco head coach had previously said he wanted to continue in the role but would only discuss his future until after Swansea had ensured safety.
Swansea had hovered above the Premier League relegation zone for long periods of the campaign, but the 3-1 win against Liverpool on 1 May ensured a sixth season in the top flight.
In March Guidolin was taken to hospital hours before Swansea’s 2-1 win at Arsenal and also missed the 1-0 win over Norwich after receiving treatment for a chest infection.
Goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski said the Swans had improved since Guidolin’s arrival at the club in January when they were 18th in the table and two points above the relegation zone.
Garry Monk was sacked as head coach in December and, after first-team coach Alan Curtis’ temporary spell in charge, Guidolin was appointed until the end of the season.
Former Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers, ex-Chile manager Marcello Bielsa and former Derby County manager Paul Clement had all been linked with the job.
Rodgers – who left to manage Liverpool in 2012 – disclosed in January that he had been approached by Swansea to succeed Monk.
But the Northern Irishman said that he wanted to take a break from football until the summer.
Americans Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien are in talks about taking a “controlling interest” in the club but chairman Huw Jenkins had said a deal would not affect Swansea’s managerial plans.