Bayern Munich forward Mario Gotze will not be joining Liverpool, the Germany international’s father and new manager has told Suddeutsche Zeitung.


The 23-year-old, meanwhile, said he wants a new beginning at Bayern.

On Monday, Gotze ended his partnership with the Sports Total agency — which also represents players including Toni Kroos, Marco Reus and Benedikt Howedes — and, using the hashtag #partofbayern, announced on Facebook that he will be managed by his family in the future.

According to kicker and Suddeutsche, Gotze will also be represented by Munich-based Prof. Dr. Peter Duvinage during contract talks.

At the same time, the Germany international vowed to return to Bayern following Euro 2106, and appeared to have ended speculation he could leave the club in the summer.

Gotze is under contract at Bayern Munich until 2017, and has been linked with a transfer to Liverpool or a return to Borussia Dortmund.

Speaking to Suddeutsche Zeitung, Jurgen Gotze, his father and new manager, said that reuniting with his old Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp at Anfield Road is not an option right now.

“I don’t know anything about an alleged imminent transfer to Liverpool,” he said. “Mario is my son, we talk to each other. I would know about it.”

Gotze confirmed last week that he held talks with incoming Bayern coach Carlo Ancelotti, and speaking to Bild he dismissed reports the former Real Madrid boss had advised him to seek a new beginning.

“Despite contrary reports, I had a very good phone call with Ancelotti,” Gotze told the paper. “And I am looking forward to working with him.”

The German tabloid claimed that Gotze personally informed Klopp about his decision to not join Liverpool, and also told Dortmund he would not be joining them this summer.

Speaking to Bild, Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said the club had nothing to do with the switch of agents. “That’s exclusively the player’s business, and we treat like that,” he said.