- How to follow:
- Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Derby striker Andreas Weimann could feature in the EFL Cup third-round tie against Liverpool as he continues his recovery from a knee injury.
Matej Vydra and Ikechi Anya, both on loan from Watford, are cup-tied having played earlier in the competition.
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is set to name a strong side, while forward Roberto Firmino (groin) could return after missing Friday’s win at Chelsea.
Midfielder Emre Can is available again after an ankle problem.
- The only previous meeting in the competition between the two sides was in October 1977 – Liverpool won 2-0 at Anfield.
- Derby have lost 21 of their last 26 matches against Liverpool in all competitions (W3 D2).
- Derby have failed to score in three of their last four home matches against Liverpool in all competitions.
- Derby last beat Premier League opposition in the League Cup when they won the first leg of the 2009 semi-final against Manchester United at Pride Park.
- Liverpool have been eliminated from just one of their past 13 League Cup ties against lower-league opposition, losing out on penalties against Northampton at Anfield in September 2010.