Liverpool defender Brad Smith is on the verge of joining Bournemouth after a fee and personal terms were reportedly agreed.
The Reds are said to have accepted an offer for the Australia international and allowed the 22-year-old to leave their pre-season training camp in America to travel back to England, where he met up with Cherries officials on Tuesday night.
Smith, who arrived at Anfield back in 2008 as a youth player, has found first team opportunities hard to come by and made just three Premier League starts last season.
The prospect of more regular playing time is thought to be a big reason for deciding to leave and the move, said to be worth an initial £3m but with add ons that could make it significantly more, is expected to be completed on Wednesday after Tuesday’s medical.
Smith would become the second Liverpool player to join the Cherries this summer, following Englishman Jordon Ibe’s £15million move earlier on in the transfer window.
Liverpool, who also sold Joe Allen to Stoke City for £13m on Monday, are claimed to have inserted a buy-back clause for the highly-rated Aussie that will run for the next two years.