17) Former Toronto striker Jermain Defoe, 33, scoring 15 league goals to save Sunderland.
18) Boss Aitor Karanka taking ‘gardening leave’ at Middlesbrough, then returning to secure promotion to the Premier League.
19) Boss Garry Monk’s sacking in December, seven months after achieving a record top-flight points tally for Swansea and five months after landing a new three-year deal.
20) Rafa Benitez going from managing mighty Real Madrid to taking Newcastle down.
21) Title hopefuls Tottenham self-destructing in the last four games, picking up just three points, then losing 5-1 to 10-man Newcastle.
22) A fake bomb being left by security ‘expert’ at Old Trafford, extending the Premier League season as United’s game with Bournemouth is called off.
23) Wales and Northern Ireland making it to a major tournament, ending 58 and 30 years of respective hurt.
24) Jack Grealish, who England and Ireland were fighting over a year ago, playing in 16 Premier League games for Aston Villa and losing all of them.
25) On a personal note, Claudio Ranieri wagging a finger and accusing me of fancying his 94-year-old mum when I ask where she lives in Italy!