BBC Sport coverage
- How to follow:
- Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Charlton striker Yaya Sanogo is suspended and will start a three-match ban after he was dismissed in Tuesday’s 0-0 draw with MK Dons.
Goalkeeper Stephen Henderson (leg) will be assessed while Alou Diarra, Chris Solly, Patrick Bauer, Johnnie Jackson, and Ahmed Kashi remain injury doubts.
Middlesbrough captain Grant Leadbitter (hamstring) sat out the midweek defeat to Rotherham but is expected to return.
Defender Daniel Ayala is set to miss out again with a hamstring problem.
Middlesbrough head coach Aitor Karanka is considering his future at the club and assistant Steve Agnew takes charge for this game.
- The Addicks have scored just one goal in their past five league meetings with Middlesbrough.
- Boro are unbeaten in four league visits to The Valley, winning three.
- Only MK Dons (30) have scored fewer goals than Charlton this season (32).
- Boro have won only one of their past six away league games (D2 L3) and have lost both of the last two.
- A points haul of 29 from their opening 36 games is the Addicks’ worst return since the 2008-09 season, when they were relegated to League One (27 points).