- How to follow:
- BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Bristol City expect their largest home crowd since 1994 for Newcastle’s visit.
Defender Derrick Williams (shoulder) is set to miss out, while goalkeeper Frank Fielding and midfielder Korey Smith (both ankle) remain on the sidelines.
Newcastle striker Aleksandar Mitrovic completes a four-match ban, while ankle injuries could again rule out midfield pair Mo Diame and Moussa Sissoko.
Captain Jamaal Lascelles was left out of the midweek win against Reading, with Ciaran Clark making his debut.
- Bristol City’s defeat by Norwich ended a run of three consecutive wins in all competitions at the start of the season.
- Newcastle are winless in their last 12 away league games, losing 10 and drawing two.
- Tammy Abraham has scored four goals in his first four games for the Robins.
- Dwight Gayle has scored three goals in his last two league games for Newcastle. He has not scored in three consecutive league games since December 2012 when he scored in six consecutively for Peterborough – the last game in that run being against Bristol City at Ashton Gate.