- How to follow:
- Final Score; BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; live text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Bristol City will be without midfielder Gary O’Neil as he serves a one-match suspension following his dismissal in Tuesday’s loss at Sheffield Wednesday.
Defender Joel Ekstrand remains short of match fitness, but Wales full-back Adam Matthews (hamstring) could return.
Derby County defender Jason Shackell has been ruled out with a calf problem.
Forward Johnny Russell also has a calf injury and is out, but James Wilson should be fit and Andreas Weimann and Abdoul Camara are back in training.
Bristol City head coach Lee Johnson told BBC Radio Bristol:
“Derby are probably in the top three biggest sides (in the Championship) if you add it all up, as far as attendances, budget and transfer fees and everything that goes along with that.
“They’re big club and a great club – they just haven’t had a great start. But we know how quickly that changes around.
“And look how close it is – you could throw a blanket over most teams after seven games.”
- The Robins are winless in their last six league meetings with Derby (D1 L5), losing the last four in a row.
- Tom Ince has scored seven goals in his last five league games against Bristol City, including his first ever English league hat-trick in the reverse of this fixture last season.
- Bristol City have won five of their last eight home league games (D1 L2), racking up 22 goals (2.75 goals per game).
- The Rams have only scored one goal in their last eight league games (excluding play-offs), including a current run of four games without a goal. They’ve haven’t gone five or more goalless since December 2007 (a run of seven).
- Tammy Abraham has scored in three successive Championship games for Bristol City (four goals scored in those games), topping the goalscoring charts with six overall.
- Derby County are the only Championship side yet to score a goal in the first half.