- How to follow:
- Full live commentary on BBC WM (95.6 FM); live text commentary on BBC Sport website
Bristol City welcome Aston Villa to Ashton Gate for a league game for the first time since December 1979.
City, who have suffered back-to-back Championship defeats, hope to have wing-back Joe Bryan fit again following groin and hip problems.
Mile Jedinak could make his Villa debut after international clearance for the Australian’s move from Crystal Palace.
Belgian defender Ritchie De Laet could also make his debut for the club after arriving from Leicester City.
BBC Radio Bristol’s Richard Hoskin: “As we assess the start of the season for Bristol City, a lot hinges on the game with Aston Villa.
“Win, and it’s nine points out of 15 going into the international break. Lose, and it’s three league defeats in a row – and two long weeks before they can do anything about it.
“In fairness, it’s been a tough couple of weeks – taking on Norwich, Newcastle and now Villa. But a victory against Roberto di Matteo’s side would give City real belief they can challenge in the top half of the Championship this season.”
- This is the first league meeting between the sides since December 1979, when Villa won 3-1 at Ashton Gate.
- Aston Villa striker Ross McCormack has created more goalscoring chances than other player in the Championship this season (18).
- The Robins have conceded exactly one goal in each of their last five league games, winning two and losing three.
- Gary O’Neil has provided two assists in four games this season; the same total he made for former club Norwich in his 49 league appearances there.