- How to follow:
- Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Brentford manager Dean Smith hopes to have trio Maxime Colin, Andreas Bjelland, and Josh McEachran available for the visit of Ipswich.
Defender Alan McCormack is set to miss the Bees’ first home game of the season with an ankle injury.
Striker Luke Varney comes into the Ipswich squad after re-signing for the club on a short-term deal.
Fellow striker Brett Pitman is ruled out with a thigh injury while midfielder Luke Hyam remains out.
Brentford manager Dean Smith told BBC Radio London:
“There was a lot of ice going around the coach on Tuesday night after 120 minutes at Exeter in the EFL Cup. I nearly had to register our kit man Bob.
“There’s a lot more bodies back on the training ground since then, which is encouraging.
“It’s important to get a first win as it gives you confidence and gets you a start. We have to perform better than we did at Huddersfield last week.
“We controlled the game on Tuesday against Exeter, but we weren’t clinical or clever enough in the final third.”
BBC Radio Suffolk’s Graeme McLoughlin:
“Just two games in and already plenty of drama at Portman Road with a very encouraging second-half display against Barnsley followed up by a below par performance against Stevenage in the cup.
“Mick McCarthy had his players in on their day off after that cup loss, knowing full well that the Blues need to get a decent points return from trips to Brentford and Wolves ahead of next Sunday’s East Anglian derby.
“The manager could name the same starting XI for the second week running. While new additions Grant Ward and Conor Grant have had an excellent start, both are still a little short of full match fitness.”
- Brentford have not beaten Ipswich at Griffin Park since November 1955, drawing two and losing three since then in all competitions.
- The Tractor Boys’ 3-1 defeat by Brentford last season was their only loss in their last 11 games against the Bees in all competitions (W6 D4).
- Three of the last four goals Brentford have scored against Ipswich at Griffin Park were scored in the 90th minute, including two to salvage a 2-2 draw in last season’s match.
- Daryl Murphy has netted three goals in his last three games against Brentford.