Sky Bet Championship
- How to follow:
- Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Wellington Silva may be named in Bolton’s starting XI for the first time in five games after he won a late penalty in midweek.
Kaiyne Woolery hopes to return after illness while Emile Heskey (hip) may sit out a third straight fixture.
Preston will be without banned striker Joe Garner, meaning Eoin Doyle, Callum Robinson or Jordan Hugill will come in.
Paul Gallagher is delaying a hernia operation and will play. Alan Browne and Neil Kilkenny will be assessed.
- Bolton have won three and drawn two of their last five league meetings with Preston.
- Preston have drawn a blank in each of their last four contests with the Trotters. Lee Cartwright was the last Preston player to score against Bolton back in October 1992.
- The Trotters are on their longest run without a clean sheet in the league (12 games) since a run of 14 in September 2013.
- Since three points for a win was introduced in 1981-82, no side with 26 points from the opening 36 games has ever survived relegation from the second to the third tier of English football.
- Preston have failed to score in either of their last two league games and another game without a goal would be their longest scoreless run since a run of four in August 2013.