- How to follow:
- Final Score; BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; live text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Barnsley duo Josh Scowen and Adam Armstrong face fitness tests ahead of Reading’s visit to Oakwell.
Newcastle loanee Armstrong has a dead leg after the 4-0 win at Wolves while Scowen has a groin problem, but James Bree and Ryan Williams are still out.
Reading’s Joey van den Berg is unlikely to be fit injuring his hamstring in the warm-up against Birmingham on Tuesday.
John Swift may make a start but Yakou Meite and Deniss Rakels are both out with ankle injuries.
- The Tykes are winless in their last five home league meetings with Reading, losing four and drawing the other.
- Reading have only lost one of their last eight league trips to Oakwell, going down 3-0 back in August 1996.
- Barnsley have won five of their last six league games and are one of three Championship sides with a 100% record at home.
- Reading have conceded 15 goals on the road in their last seven league games, although they did keep a clean sheet last time out.
- In their debut Championship season, Marley Watkins and Conor Hourihane are currently joint-top of the assists charts with four.
- Three of Reading’s last six league goals have come from the penalty spot, including in their last two.