- How to follow:
- BBC Radio 5 live, BBC local radio; live text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Barnsley are awaiting news on the fitness of captain Conor Hourihane for the visit of second-placed Newcastle after missing Saturday’s Championship loss to Fulham with a calf strain.
Josh Scowen misses out as he begins a three-game ban and Adam Armstrong is ineligible to face his parent club.
Magpies skipper Jamaal Lascelles is expected to be fit despite coming off after an hour against Brentford.
Matt Ritchie and Daryl Murphy could also figure after overcoming ailments.
- Barnsley have only lost one of their 15 league games against the Magpies at Oakwell, losing 5-0 in May 1983.
- Newcastle are unbeaten in 10 games against Barnsley in all competitions, winning eight and drawing two since a 1-0 defeat at Oakwell in December 1992.
- Barnsley are winless in their last five league games, and have conceded at least twice on four of those occasions.
- Newcastle, meanwhile, have won eight of their last 10 Championship games, averaging 2.4 goals per game on this run.
- The Robins have scored a league-high 10 goals in the last 15 minutes of Championship games this season.
- Dwight Gayle is the league’s top scorer with nine goals, while Newcastle also have the biggest spread of goalscorers in the competition so far, with 12 players netting this season.