- How to follow:
- Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Barnsley will be without injured full-back Aidy White, with Cole Kpekawa is likely to continue in his absence.
On-loan Celtic winger Saidy Janko is out with a torn thigh muscle, while James Bree could feature after overcoming his hamstring problem.
Villa midfielder Jack Grealish could be recalled after he was suspended by the club as they drew against Newcastle.
He was also fined following a club investigation into his part at an all-night party in a Birmingham hotel.
Striker Ross McCormack also missed the Newcastle fixture after picking up a knock, but could return at Oakwell.
- Barnsley have only scored twice in six home league games against Villa – the last Tykes scorer against Aston Villa at Oakwell was Darren Foreman in 1988.
- The Villans have won seven of their eight visits to Barnsley in all competitions, drawing the other.
- Aston Villa have won just one of their nine league games under Roberto Di Matteo (D6 L2).
- Barnsley have lost their last two league games; they’ve not suffered three consecutive defeats since November 2015 (eight games).